Engagement, transparency and benefit-sharing with local communities are critical pillars of Neoen’s operations.
- Local Community Benefits Fund of $50,000 per year has been established for local projects and initiatives throughout the project lifespan (roughly 30 years).
- Around 150 jobs created locally during construction
- Roughly 5 permanent staff once the project is operational, creating ongoing employment for a small, permanent local team dedicated to activities such as maintenance and vegetation and pest management.
- Energy security enhanced by the combination of wind generation and battery storage.
- Economic boost for local employment, materials and skills to be used where possible.
If you have skills that may be useful during the design, construction or operation of the project, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and a brief description of the services and skills you can provide.
Neoen considers community consultation to be essential at all stages of a project’s life cycle, and invites all members of the community to provide feedback on the project through one of the following ways:
- Completing the Community Feedback Form below
- Email the project team at email@example.com.
Neoen strives to ensure a “no surprises” dynamic with the communities around Kaban, and make sure that a long-term relationship is built between the project team and all project stakeholders. Relationship-building is especially critical to Neoen because unlike some renewable developers, it retains ownership of all projects that it builds, and operates them throughout their lifespans.
The objectives of Neoen’s community engagement strategy are:
- to keep the community and stakeholders informed about the project through the provision of factual project information;
- to identify and address community and stakeholder concerns and maintain transparency in the project design and implementation;
- to identify opportunities for local business involvement in the implementation of the project; and
- to provide feedback on how stakeholder and community input will influence the final project and decision.